Finally we are having our first 1st aid course at Montessori Mother! The 1st aid training will be given by an amazing and experienced instructor to prepare you for any emergency, big or small. We will then have a Montessori forum to discuss preparing the home for freedom and safety and the Montessori approach to weaning. We will also enjoy a lovely brunch together with tea and coffee.
Location Montessori Mother ELC
Address Wisbyer Straße 70, 10439 Berlin
Date 17 June
Time 9:00 – 14:00
60,00 single ticket
80,00 family ticket
- Baby & child 1st aid training
- Montessori weaning and safety lecture
- Brunch spread
(with veg. options)
- Tea & coffee
- Certificate of completion
What you will learn
- How to respond calmly and confidently in emergency situations
- Simple solutions for accidents
- First responses in critical accidents
- How to introduce solid foods Montessori-style
- How to the prepare your home for independence and safety
- How to support practical life experience in a safe way
Specific 1st Aid topics:
- Recovery position
- CPR for babies and children
- Cuts, grazes and serious wounds
- Head injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Nose bleeds
9:00 – 9:15 tea + coffee
9:15 – 10:45 1st aid lecture – part 1
10:45 – 11:15 brunch
11:15 – 12:45 1st aid lecture – part 2
12:45 – 13:00 break
13:00 – 13:45 Montessori forum
13:45 – 14:00 questions
- The course will be held in English.
- There are a limited number of family tickets for couples with babies 0-7 months old. All other tickets are for one parent only.
- You will receive a personal certificate of completion for this course from Montessori Mother ELC. This certificate is for personal use and can be used for volunteer work.
- This course is not covered by health insurance, but may be tax-deductible.
- This is not a certified course for carers or other employment purposes, but if you have a babysitter that does not need the certified course, they are welcome to join us!
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course are non-refundable. If you cancel before this time, a cancellation fee of €25 will be charged to cover administration costs.
Meet the instructors:
baby & child first aid trainer
Helge Bechert was born in Bremen and moved to West Berlin in 1988. He is a paramedic by profession and has been teaching first aid since 2016. One of his roles is as a first aid trainer for employees of Berlin public swimming pools. Since 2018, he has been a certified first aid trainer in the field of babies and children.
Katelynn Chittenden Johnson
Montessori 0-3 specialist
Since the founding of Montessori Mother in 2017 Katelynn has guided Montessori classes, workshops, and consultations. She also teaches online classes, and has made the Montessori Mother Blog and Podcast. Katelynn has over a decade of teaching experience and holds the highest level of qualification for Montessori 0-3 as a certified Assistant to Infancy by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).